Setting ACLs when creating files from Windows

Wed Jul 30 20:10:18 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 07:26:48PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Good question. We'd need a debug level 10 log of that.
>
> To the list?  Or PM?

PM if you like.

> Yes, that's the long term idea.  However, the SID<->uid/gid mapping
> is still a problem.  With NFS, you can simply set the permission bits

Oooohhhh yes. ID mapping is the most controversial topic
that the Samba Team fights to get right for more than 10
years now, and even internally we completely disagree how
this should work. But that's another thread :-)

Volker