Enumerating Unix users and groups from Windows

Corinna Vinschen corinna at vinschen.de
Wed Jul 30 10:57:14 GMT 2008

Hi Volker,

On Jul 28 10:37, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 27 17:14, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 12:40:32PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > > Ok, I'll put that on my TODO list, but it might take some time.
> > > Accessing the user lists is something only very seldom used, when the
> > > user generates a new /etc/passwd of /etc/group file, so it's not *that*
> > > high on my priority list.
> >
> > Ok.

I'm not sure I can do that at all.  From what I see from the MSDN
documentation I need the Microsoft MIDL precompiler to get RPC function
calls working.  But Cygwin is built using gcc.  There's no OSS MIDL
compiler available.  Does anybody have docs or, even better, example
code how to do the client side without using MIDL?

Corinna