INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11 in pid 1983 (4.0.0alpha6-GIT-9678085)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jul 30 00:34:18 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 14:45 +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> HI!
>
> I've tried to add a user entry to Samba via LDAP but that gives and
> INTERNAL ERROR (see below). How to track down this?

Hopefully you have configured with --enable-developer, so you have debug
symbols.

Then, ensure you have run 'make install' (smbd run from the command line
will expect the ldb libs in the install location).

Start smbd with

gdb --args smbd -i -M single -d3

And reproduce.  The output from that should give us a good clue as to
what is going wrong.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.