Kerberos Ticket Forwarding patch/update

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 14:27:01 GMT 2008

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 08:27 +0100, Love Hörnquist Åstrand wrote:
>
>> 25 jul 2008 kl. 03.02 skrev Andrew Bartlett:

>>> The problem here is that if it's up to the user (ie, as a command line
>>> option), then none of this useful delegation stuff ever happens, and
>>> we
>>> end up giving hosts the right to make up arbitrary tickets, not just
>>> accept forwarded ones.  I actually agree with Microsoft here, and the
>>> delegation should be controlled by the KDC.
>>>
>> So do I
>>
>> commit 9bdd4ef9a69775475fbd7468fd42edc14107ecc8
>> Author: lha <lha at ec53bebd-3082-4978-b11e-865c3cabbd6b>
>> Date:   Wed Nov 2 11:52:49 2005 +0000
>>
>>      Change sematics of ok-as-delegate to match windows if
>>      [gssapi]realm/ok-as-delegate=true is set, otherwise keep old
>> sematics.
>>

>>      git-svn-id: svn+ssh://svn.h5l.org/svn/heimdal/trunk/heimdal@16283
>> ec53bebd-3082-4978-b11e-865c3cabbd6b
>>

>> What I'm asking for is samba to honor the GSS_C_DELEGATE_FLAG.
>> Probably it should be default set to on for SMB.
>>

> Here Samba is the application, not the library (well, I suppose it is
> the library for libsmbclient, but we don't give those callers this level
> of control), so it is reasonable to have it on by default.  A config
> option might be appropriate, but we already have config-itis...
>
> Andrew Bartlett

FWIW, I didn't find the configure options for Samba4 to be over the top
at all.  Considering the scope of the project, and the number of
interfacing options, the ./configure --help=recursive was surprisingly
short, IMHO.  Furthermore when I consider that most were cases of "we'll
use it if we can find it".

That's actually one of the things I was just talking to a friend about
last night, the number of compile time options for most Linux apps.  You
can go big and include the kitchen sink, only link the libraries needed
to run the bare minimum or anything in between.  Then again, I don't
maintain any binary packages and I could see where this would be a
headache for upstream packagers.  Just my $0.02.