Kerberos Ticket Forwarding patch/update

Derrick Schommer dschommer at F5.com
Thu Jul 24 20:28:26 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm looking to commit a patch for the 3.0 code base and the 3.2 code
base to allow samba using Kerberos authentication to work with proxy
devices which are set to be "trusted for delegation" in a Windows
domain. The update, in clikrb5.c would add detection for tickets with
OK_AS_DELEGATE and would then request a forwardable ticket from the KDC
and send it along with the krb5_mk_req_extended() function call.

This would allow operating systems with Samba 3.x to interoperate with
the F5 Acopia ARX product line for storage virtualization along with any
other future virtualization vendors. I'm not sure if I send patches to
this mailer or not (as this patch is 260 lines long and I have one for
3.0.x and 3.2.x). I'd love for the team to review it and do what would
be needed to commit it into the projects.

Thanks in advance.

Derrick Schommer |  Corporate Systems Engineer

F5 Networks

  P 978.513.2900

 F 978.513.2990

www.f5.com <http://www.f5.com>