Enumerating Unix users and groups from Windows

Wed Jul 23 16:25:13 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 12:30:35PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> when I want to know the user/group name <-> SID mapping of the UNIX user
> and groups (The ones with SIDs S-1-22-1, S-1-22-2), I can call
> LookupAccountSid and LookupAccountName just fine from Windows.

S-1-22-x is just a workaround for accounts not in smbpasswd
or pdb_something. Right now we don't have a capability to
list all unix accounts. While it should be possible
RPC-wise, i.e. do a samr_opendomain on s-1-22-1, it is not
implemented yet, and I don't know if this would be available
via the Win32 NetUser API. I doubt that that API expects
more than one SAM on a server.

Volker