Enumerating Unix users and groups from Windows

Corinna Vinschen corinna at vinschen.de
Wed Jul 23 10:30:35 GMT 2008

Hi,

when I want to know the user/group name <-> SID mapping of the UNIX user
and groups (The ones with SIDs S-1-22-1, S-1-22-2), I can call
LookupAccountSid and LookupAccountName just fine from Windows.

However, it doesn't seem to be possible to enumerate these accounts
using NetUserEnum/NetGroupEnum/NetLocalGroupEnum.

Nor can I ask for detailed user information with NetUserGetInfo.  The
call always returns Win32 error 2221.

Am I missing something obvious, or is it really only possible to use the
LookupAccountFOO calls for a direct account<->SID mapping?

Corinna