recurent kerberos error message in Windows XP

Matthieu PATOU mat at matws.net
Sun Jul 20 16:09:21 GMT 2008

Dear all,

I am running Samba4 with a couple of Windows XP computers.

I started to watch at the windows event log and I see quite often this message

The kerberos subsystem encountered a PAC verification failure.  This indicates that the PAC from the client mycomputer$
in realm TESTAD.TST had a PAC which failed to verify or was modified.  Contact your system administrator.

I did some search on internet and find this
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B883268&x=2&y=8
Everything is ok except for the KDC service but I think it's quite logic due to the fact that XP should not act as a
kerberos Key Distribution Center (to my mind).

I am wondering if it's related to samba4 or not at all.

Regards.

Matthieu.