Fwd: [samba4] unable to open/save/create MS office documents with office2007 (and previous version?)

Olivier Salamin olivier.salamin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 17:41:28 GMT 2008

Good morging,

after some research it seems that the problem (copying or saving files
bigger than 254K on a samba4 share) only affects windows vista (I tested it
with two computer running windows vista business without sp1)

The server work fine with windows XP.

Any chance to get that fixed anytime soon (as it refrain from testing samba4
with windows vista...)?

Anyway thanks a lot for your great job!,
Olivier