CTDB-samba configuration problems

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 05:50:04 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 7:05 PM, lazycy <yi.chen1982 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, all
>  I'm a newbie of CTDB and I'm now trying to use CTDB to implement cluster
> samba on my cluster. I follow the process on
> http://ctdb.samba.org/configuring.html and
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/CTDB_Setup#Setting_up_CTDB_for_clustered_NFS.
> Here are some problems I met, any suggestions will be very appreciate.
> 1) When I finished building process according to
> http://ctdb.samba.org/building.html, I can not found the configure files as
> /etc/sysconfig/ctdb, /etc/ctdb/nodes, /etc/public_addresses and etc. So I
> generate these files manually. My question is what should I put into
> /tmp/ctdb.socket? Any template?

/tmp/ctdb.socket is a unix domain socket that is used to communicate
with the ctdbd process.
Dont create this as a file.
remove it   and let ctdbd create it as a domain socket when it starts up.

> 2) After I generate these files, I try to add a user to samba and get
> [root at mypc bin]# ./smbpasswd -a testuser
> connect(/tmp/ctdb.socket) failed: Connection refused
> Could not init ctdbd context: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
> Anything I missed in configuration?

it is failing since ctdbd is not running.

> 3) When I try to start CTDB on my cluster, I get error as below:
>
> [root at COS-001 bin]# onnode all service ctdb start
>>> NODE: 192.168.11.11 <<
> common/cmdline.c:122 Failed to connect to daemon
> 2008/07/16 16:57:21.325582 [15917]: Failed to init ctdb
>>> NODE: 192.168.11.12 <<
> common/cmdline.c:122 Failed to connect to daemon
> 2008/07/16 16:57:21.325582 [15917]: Failed to init ctdb

Can you provide the log of ctdbd when you try to start it and it fails?
Use these settings in /etc/sysconfig/ctdb :
CTDB_LOGFILE=/var/log/log.ctdb
CTDB_DEBUGLEVEL=4
(once you get it to work, remember to put CTDB_DEBUGLEVEL back to 0)

Please send me the log file as well as the content of
/etc/sysconfig/ctdb  /etc/ctdb/nodes and /etc/ctdb/public_addresses

ronnie s