More POSIX like funciton for smbc_write

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 14:05:50 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 6:12 AM, Andreas Schneider <anschneider at suse.de>
wrote:

> attached is a patch to use const for the buffer you pass to the write
> function. It is the same for write(2).

I agree that it "should" be const.  I wonder, though, if it's appropriate to
change it now since it is an interface change that will cause warnings with
all compilations of existing programs.  We don't really gain anything by
making this change now, but I'm open to changing it in 3.3 if people think
it's appropriate.  If we were to do this change, we should go through all of
the libsmbclient functions and ensure that all of them use the same
signatures as their POSIX companions.

Derrell