Fwd: [samba4] unable to open/save/create MS office documents with office2007 (and previous version?)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jul 16 01:45:30 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 21:30 +0200, Olivier Salamin wrote:
> please find attached a capture of the windows -> samba4 traffic when I
> try to open a word document with windows 2007.
>
> I don't have any windows server up and running at the moment so I
> attached a capture of the traffic windows -> samba when I open the
> same document (wich is working fine)

I apologise for my previous reply - I had miss-understood your message.
Your comparative trace was very useful - we don't normally prefer Samba3
as a comparative target, but in this case the issue is quite clear.

Your client has asked that the server not pull the file from tape (for a
HSM system), using an extra option which we don't yet support.  Samba3
works, because it simply ignores options it does not know about.

I'll add support for this flag (in terms of a no-op, until someone does
HSM support in Samba4) and get a new version to you shortly.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.