Samba 3.2.0

Michael Adam ma at sernet.de
Mon Jul 14 09:39:10 GMT 2008

Hi Ralf,

I'd like to keep this on-list, if you don't mind.
It might be useful for others.

Weinert, Ralf wrote:
> Compiling succeeded now. But there had been some more troubles. In the Makefile
> there are too many BackSlashes that should prevent the Carriage Return from
> doing its job.
> But there is none. Removing these BackSlashes make succeeds.

Hmm, sorry, but I don't get you completely:
Do you mean that in the Makefile, there had been more empty lines
following backslashes? (I.e. lines where in the Makefile.in there
is just one @VARIABLE@ which is unset by configure.)

Could you provide your config.log (or at lease the config
options), the Makefile produced by configure,
and the diff that made the build working for you, so that
I can get it fixed upstream.

Thanks - Michael

--

i.A. Michael Adam