CTDB by default in Debina lenny? (was: [Pkg-samba-maint] Situation of various samba packages)

Mathieu PARENT math.parent at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 13:40:01 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 7:27 AM, Christian Perrier <bubulle at debian.org> wrote:
> (snip)
>
>      ctdb: good support by Mathieu (who just began the NM process)
>            Should we consider it for testing?

yes ! ctdb is even usefull without samba (it will replaces heartbeat
in our particular setup). And it it easy to compile samba with ctdb.

I will propose a new upload soon, probably the latest befor freeze.

>            Will we build samba 3.2.0 with it?

We first have to know the answer of this :
Does enabling ctdb at compilation time changes samba behavior when
"clustering = yes" is not set in smb.conf?

I'm forwarding this question to samba-technical.

> (snip)

Mathieu Parent