How to process schemaUpdateNow ldap request
Stefan (metze) Metzmacher
metze at samba.org
Tue Jul 8 18:17:19 GMT 2008
> I implemented the dsdb_create_prefix_mapping function and added code to handle schemaUpdateNow in rootdse (attachment). I used ldb_extended() and added new operation for it.
> The call to ldb_extended() never reached the schema_fsmo_extended().
> The returned error is "Unable to find backend operation for extended". And the module variable in rootdse_modify() doesn't contain in its list the schema_fsmo module.
Please keep the both patches separate and send them as .txt files,
so that they're readable within the mail.
Also please use tabs instead of whitespaces
also use if (bla) instead of if ( bla )
Now about the dsdb_create_prefix_mapping():
- Why didn't you follow the comments I added to the stub function?
- This function should only change the on disk value.
- It should not modify the schema->prefixes array!
- You need to read the on disk value first then
check that the mapping doesn't already exist
in the on disk version.
- If it's not already in the on disk version
then you need to add a new mapping only to the on disk
About the schemaUpdateNow patch:
- You need to let partition_extended() forward the operation
to the schema partition.
- First just get it to the stage where the extended op arrive in
the schema_fsmo module, then we can really implement it as a 2nd step.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 252 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/attachments/20080708/3f961e8a/signature.bin
More information about the samba-technical