bug in 3.2 configure

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Jul 2 17:27:30 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 06:47:08PM -0700, Herb Lewis wrote:
> It is supposed to be MAXPATH size.
>
> Reading configure a little closer, it looks like we are testing if
> realpath allows a NULL argument.
>
> Still seems like a bad test if it causes a core dump. Why do we care
> if we can use a NULL?

>From the linux glibc man pages for realpath :

       The glibc implementation of realpath() provides a non-standard
extension.  If resolved_path is specified as NULL, then realpath() uses
mal-
       loc(3)  to allocate a buffer of up to PATH_MAX bytes to hold the
resolved pathname, and returns a pointer to this buffer.  The caller
should
       deallocate this buffer using free(3).

This is very useful, and we have a code path to use it.

Jeremy.