FindFirst/FindNext on HFS+ under Linux and forgotten files

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Thu Jan 31 06:54:26 GMT 2008

Hi,

We are seeing a slightly weird situation with Samba 3.0.14a and HFS+ under
Linux when the client is using the DOS move command.

It seems to do a FindFirst/FindNext set to figure out how many files to
move, and then does:

   FindFirst again and moves the files it finds

and then does

   FindNext giving the last file found in the FindFirst as the restart
   point

and, it seems to miss the first file or two ...

That is, a few files are missed.

I will go delving into to code to check this out, but I wondered if anyone
has seen this problem already?

Regards
-------