winbindd, samba DC, and trusts

Tue Jan 29 08:32:49 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 07:23:05PM +1100, Luke Howard wrote:
> >I could imagine a command line switch that maps anonymous
> >session setup to builtin\administrator *ONLY* in the case
> >
> Wouldn't the local machine account be the appropriate identity?

Probably in this case. The other longer-term plan with this
command line switch is to use a forked smbd to access
samba-internal structures via local RPC. This at least
potentially can reduce linker dependencies in the net
command. For that case you don't want to authenticate but
rely on local permissions, very much like the net command
does.

Volker