PROPOSAL: extend UNIX_INFO2 to mark existence of ACLs

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Jan 25 03:57:08 GMT 2008

George,

I don't think that they're "arguments", per. se.  We're just trying to get a
handle on what James is suggesting and how it might interact with other file
systems.

There are several flavors of ACL and a lot of schemes for mapping settings
from one type to another.  MacOS, for instance, uses a POSIX-style API to
access and control ACLs with settings that are similar to Windows ACLs.  I
know of at least one file system that keeps both POSIX permission bits (not
full ACLs) *and* Windows security descriptors.

Again, we're just trying to get a handle on it.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org