Serious Impact of NIST FDCC requirements

Loyd Darby Loyd.Darby at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 23 17:03:49 GMT 2008

New requirements from Congress and the National Institute of standards
is forcing us to reconsider our Samba domain because of the encryption
requirements and signed communications.

I have tried to work my way through Kerberos , server signing and all
that but even though I am no rookie, it is beyond me.

Is any one at Samba looking at this?

Unless there is some one out there with the smarts to lead a way through
this.
Pretty much all US federal government agencies will have to abandon
Samba and go down that other path.

The root of all this evil can be found here :
    http://fdcc.nist.gov/