Get Samba version or capability information from Windows

Tue Jan 22 10:21:35 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 04:18:57PM -0500, Danilo Almeida wrote:
> > +	time_t samba_gitcommitdate;
>
> And:
>
> > +   SIVAL(pdata,28,extended_info.samba_gitcommitdate);
> > +   memcpy(pdata+32,extended_info.samba_version_string,32);
>
> Note that you are dropping bits on a system w/64-bit
> time_t, and that this has the 2038 problem.

Losing bits is not dramatic in this case I think. I don't
think will have such a high commit rate that we need
subsecond resolution here :-)

The 2038 problem is a bit worse I think, I can very well
imagine that CIFS is still around when I enjoy my pension :-)

Volker