[Bulk] Re: Get Samba version or capability information from Windows

Corinna Vinschen corinna at vinschen.de
Mon Jan 21 15:03:51 GMT 2008

On Jan 19 10:46, David Collier-Brown wrote:
> If SAMBA_VERSION_GIT_COMMIT_DATE is going to be maintained in version.h, it
> might be helpful to put a time_t of it into the
> smb_extra_info struct.
>
> This is aimed towards people who don't know what the current
> version number is*, but still want to know if they're talking to an "old"
> samba.

Fine with me if somebody else looks into creating the timestamp value in
version.h.  I can add a `time_t git_commitdate' value and restrict the
samba_version_string length to 32 byte.  I was trying to keep the
samba_version_string as long as possible since I know of vendor version
strings which are much longer than 31 chars (and also, FWIW, long than
35 chars).

Corinna