Samba janitorial issue: libwbclient.so on Solaris
davecb at sun.com
Mon Jan 21 14:24:47 GMT 2008
Most samba 3.2 and 4.0 commands depend on libwbclient.so, so on Solaris,
it is desirable to
- set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/samba/lib for each command,
- set it globally with crle -u -l /usr/local/samba/lib
- place it in the regular search path
- link the commands with ld -R /lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/samba/lib
(note: this is not gcc's -R option!)
ld -R is the recommended approach for applications on Solaris.
The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is the usual workaround (uck!)
Considering the discussions of shared libraries in this list, I suspect
setting -R is desirable and applicable to all other ELF-based systems,
and might be tried in the simple-Makefile case...
Who can confirm/deny this?
David Collier-Brown | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto | some people and astonish the rest
davecb at sun.com | -- Mark Twain
(800) 555-9786 x56583 cell: (647) 833-9377 home off: (416) 223-5943
More information about the samba-technical