more streams work

James Peach jpeach at samba.org
Sat Jan 19 03:34:30 GMT 2008

On 18/01/2008, at 7:56 AM, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Attached find my current streams patch. It includes an
> additional module that is based heavily on James Peach's
> darwin module which stores streams in posix xattrs.

This is cool. It would let me dump the xattr code from the
darwin_streams module.

You should just use SMB_VFS_* macros rather than the SMB_VFS_NEXT_*
macros unless you are actually overriding the operation, eg.
streams_xattr_unlink should call SMB_VFS_REMOVEXATTR, not
SMB_VFS_NEXT_REMOVEXATTR.

I think that you ought to bring across the case clobbering and the
code that separates xattrs-that-are-storing-streams from regular xattrs.

> Might be
> one option, next to the streams_depot module which has other
> compromises.

For one thing, backup tools are more likely to preserce xattrs.

James Peach | jpeach at samba.org