round 1: ndr on top of trans2

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Fri Jan 18 12:03:27 GMT 2008

Amin Azez schrieb:
> It'll be a new day before I can test this, but taken that it works (or
> can be made to) is their anything architecturally offensive in it?
> Have I missed any useful use of params (which I ignore)?
>
> smbcli_ndr_request_trans2_send() sends (or at least constructs right
> now) a trans2 smbcli_request based on an NDR representation produced by
> gen_ndr generated code, and packed directly onto the smbcli_request, to
> save tallocs and memcpy.

I think using ndr makes no sense here at all.

It would really be help full to chat with you on
the irc channel (#samba-technical on freenode.net)
next week. I'm usually online from 8:00 to 16:00

The more important thing is: what are the logical
operation and their input and output parameters.
Thinking about the transport layer should be a second
step.

metze