VFS_FS_ATTRIBUTES

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Thu Jan 17 13:11:05 GMT 2008

Alexander Bokovoy пишет:
> Volker Lendecke пишет:
>> Hi!
>>
>> First cut, does not yet store the flags in connection_struct.
> Looks good! Thanks!
Summing up further investigation on IRC:

we actually could make it simple by re-using STATVFS call that already
has a FsCapabilities field it vfs_statvfs_struct.

It is better to calculate FS capabilities at connection time. We already
do this with help of VFS statvfs() call which allows to fill-in
system-specific attributes including FS capabilities. So just re-use it
if you want to represent additional capabilities in your modules. The
only caution is that you need to call underlying statvfs() call to
actually get system-specific capabilities (and other fields) added. Then
add module-specific ones.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Samba Team                      http://www.samba.org/