blocking asyc receives with explicit async receives

Amin Azez azez at ufomechanic.net
Wed Jan 16 10:41:35 GMT 2008

If I call dcerpc_pipe_connect_recv() and other packets come in over the
same socket first, will they be processed (with appropriate callbacks)
before the dcerpc_pipe_connect_recv() call returns?

If so, will the callbacks occur on the same CPU call-stack from which
the dcerpc_pipe_connect_recv() call was made?

Perhaps it is impossible to have only some packets of a socket processed
with a callback - perhaps it is all or none?

How about packets that come in on other sockets, will they be processed
before the dcerpc_pipe_connect_recv() call returns? And on the same stack?

Do any of these answers change if we use a threaded instead of a forking
model?

Sam