Are the smbldap-tools orphaned?

simo idra at samba.org
Tue Jan 15 17:19:36 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 11:05 -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm trying to streamline the number of things that need
> to pulled into a Samba release tarball.  The smbldap-tools
> look to be orphaned.  The URL listed in the README
> (http://samba.idealx.org/) doesn't resolve.
>
> What should we do with these?  I know ppl tend to use them
> but no one here maintains them (that I'm aware of).

It seem like Tournier Jérôme (Idealix) has moved them here in May 2007:
https://gna.org/projects/smbldap-tools/

But in the commit list archives there seem not to be a single message.
There is something in the tech list, but the last message is from Nov 15
and unanswered.

Maybe Jerome can tell if he plans to actually maintain these scripts or
he dropped. Unfortunately I couldn't find an email address to contact
him.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce