PATCH samba cache and read-ahead

Amin Azez azez at ufomechanic.net
Fri Jan 11 15:32:29 GMT 2008

> Basically, if you need to connect synchronously, use
> dcerpc_pipe_connect() and use
> dcerpc_pipe_connect_send()/dcerpc_pipe_connect_recv() when you need to
> connect asynchronously. There is also dcerpc_pipe_connect_b() (and
> matching async functions) which allows you to specify a binding struct
> rather than a binding string.

./rpc_server/remote/README, I was looking all over for .txt files!

So I can see a binding as text; e.g.

ncacn_np:win2003

I was expecting to see a GUID in there and an @ somewhere, based on the
parsing of text bindings; so I'm a bit puzzled.

I'm, hoping in this example; win2003 is the name of the service, such as
"echo" and "proxy" which map to a GUID.

I don't like the look of the ncacn_np bit.

I expect the binding operates on top of the \\remote.domain\proxy pipe?

Sam