Donating some cycles to the build farm

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jan 9 21:09:54 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 13:35 -0500, Scott Lovenberg wrote:
> Neal A. Lucier wrote:
> > Volker Lendecke wrote:
> >> On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 05:35:38AM -0500, Scott Lovenberg wrote:
> >>
> >> Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your offer, but for the
> >> build farm we're mostly interested in platforms we don't yet
> >> have.
> >>

> > What is the list of platforms you do have?  From poking around at
> > build.samba.org, it appears you have no SPARC hosts.
> >
> > I could provide Solaris 8/9/10/11 and Ubuntu on SPARC.
> >
> > Neal
> >
> I have access to a Solaris SPARC box as well - it's my universities',
> but they can't take compile access away from a software development
> major :).

I don't know your specific situation, or your university's rules, but I
would be uncomfortable with the build farm running on machines without
the explicit consent of the system owner.  The build farm can be a high,
continuous load at times, and we don't want it to disappear (at best)
once the sysadmin notices...

(Even when we ran on public build farms (such as that run by HP and
SourceForge), we asked their admins.  )

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.