net_init_subsystem definition?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jan 8 21:44:33 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 12:37 -0800, Robert Huber wrote:
> In about ten files there appear statements such as
> ndrdump_init_subsystem or have the form: [name]_init_subsystem; maybe
> it's the cold medicine, but I could not find their definition in the
> samba-40 code base.  In version 4.0.0.1a, _init_subsytem no longer seems
> to appear.  Any information about what it was, how it was defined, and
> whether it is relevant in version 4.0.0.1a would be helpful.

These macros expand based on the build system as I understand it, to
ensure that things are set up correctly.  This is changing, because it
doesn't work well with external use of our code.

Is there any particular reason you are interested in them?

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.