Default debug level of smbclient

Karolin Seeger ks at sernet.de
Tue Jan 8 11:05:08 GMT 2008

Hi list,

the default debug level of smbclient has been increased years ago
(from 0 to 1).

client/client.c:
-----8<------------------snip--------------8<--------------
/* set default debug level to 0 regardless of what smb.conf sets */
        setup_logging( "smbclient", true );
        DEBUGLEVEL_CLASS[DBGC_ALL] = 1;
----->8------------------snap-------------->8--------------

Obviously the comment and the debug level do not match. The manpage does
also say that the default debug level is 0 (which is wrong). Should I
set the default value back to 0 to fix this one or would it be better
to correct the value in the comment and in the manpage?

I would prefer the last one, because it would not affect the user
interface.

Any opinions?

Cheers,
Karolin

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.SerNet.DE, mailto: Info @ SerNet.DE