Samba 4 buildsystem; patch in progress

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Mon Jan 7 19:14:30 GMT 2008

Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> I agree it would be really really nice to be able to rely on GNU make.
> If it would be feasible to install it on those other build farm hosts,
> would it be acceptable to require users to install GNU make?

My "exotic" build farm hosts (Stratus VOS) uses GNU make exclusively, so I have no problems with requiring its use.

However, I would like to see the Makefiles reference $(EXEEXT) to pick up the required executable suffix we use here (".pm).  Not requiring a suffix is one Unixism we haven't managed to remove yet.

PG