ntlm+LsaLogonUser

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jan 6 22:03:58 GMT 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 21:50 +0330, Hamid Choupani wrote:
> Dear sir,
>
> I'm developing a firewall that authenticate users with ntlm against Active
> Directory.
> My ntlm secnario is complete and work truly but my LsaLogonUser has problem.
> When I pass NTLM Challenge,User Name,Lan  Manager Response, NTLM
> Response,WorkStation Name to  MSV1_0_LM20_LOGON structure and pass it to
> LsaLogonUser
> function, LsaLogonUser return error,
> Doy you have a sample or code that can help me.
> PLS Help that is force and important for me.

It sounds like you are programming on windows.  The only hint I can give
in this situation is to look at the Squid ntlm helper for windows.  I
don't program on windows, so can't help further with this sutiation.

If you are running on Linux or similar systems, and using Samba, winbind
and ntlm_auth to handle the authentication for Squid (or similar), then
look at the available howtos on setting up Squid for NTLM
authentication.  This should give you all the information you need.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.