Evaluating Windows Security Descriptors.

Fri Jan 4 18:41:41 GMT 2008

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 11:30:29AM -0600, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
> What still confuses me, however, is how the information is actually used.
> Is it simply another path (accessed via the Windows GUI, I assume) between
> CIFS semantics and the stored POSIX semantics?
>
> There's code (I think you or Jeremy aimed me in the right direction) to
> evaluate the ACEs.  Is that really only used to determine which files are
> hidden, etc.?

Not sure here. In the past there used to be a mess where
some code paths would still look at the posix acls only or
even just the permission bits. There has been a lot of work
in this area, so I'm not sure if any places are left.

Volker