Mac OS X 10.3.9 - SID-UID mappings

Wolfgang.968 wstahn at proderm.de
Fri Jan 4 17:45:49 GMT 2008

Hello folks,

I'm pretty new to Samba, but managed to set up an Max OS X 10.3.9 server to
act as a AD memberserver within an Active Directory Domain for mainly
Windows XP clients. Samba version is 3.0.10.

I now have a question I didn't get an answer to, despite hours of seraching
the web:

Where are the UID-to-SID mappings stored? No, it's not in an
winbindd_idmap.tdb and no, it's not on an external LDAP server. Also, there
is no nsswitch.conf on the system.

So far I know, the mappings are stored somewhere within the Mac's "Open
Directory". But can anybody tell me, where exactly??

Thanks in advance for any hints!!!

Wolfgang