Evaluating Windows Security Descriptors.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Jan 4 17:30:29 GMT 2008

Volker,

Thanks.  That helps.

What still confuses me, however, is how the information is actually used.
Is it simply another path (accessed via the Windows GUI, I assume) between
CIFS semantics and the stored POSIX semantics?

There's code (I think you or Jeremy aimed me in the right direction) to
evaluate the ACEs.  Is that really only used to determine which files are
hidden, etc.?

Chris -)-----

--
"Implementing CIFS - the Common Internet FileSystem"    ISBN: 013047116X
Samba Team -- http://www.samba.org/    -)-----     Christopher R. Hertel
ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/    -)-----          crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/   -)-----             crh at ubiqx.org