[Samba 4] SWAT qooxdoo code

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jan 1 21:23:41 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 10:33 +0100, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> I wanted to ask if it's very convenient to keep the current qooxdoo code
> of SWAT in the main SAMBA 4 branch. I notice the installation process
> very time consuming (f.e. every time there are to copy hundreds of icon
> files) and the half-finished registry editor written in it doesn't seem
> maintained and isn't very useful yet. So what should be the goal to keep it?

The current state of affairs is just the result of winding back to SWAT
before the large-scale conversion to AJAX.  I didn't really assess the
usefulness of the registry editor when I did that.

If it is really in such a bad state, we should probably just kill that,
which should also clarify the goals for the Python conversion.  Patches
(and/or script to delete all the right bits) welcome :-)

Given the recent example of a python ldb editor in less than a page of
code, I think that's much better basis to move forward in GUI tools.