[Samba4] How do _you_ create new share points?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Feb 28 23:23:36 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 12:40 -0500, Richard Hurt wrote:
> I need a friendly way to manage my share points in Samba4.  I think
> that the Windows AD Tool Kit will solve my User/Group/GPO management
> problems, but I still don't know of a way to create new shares.  I
> also need to be able to secure them to certain groups/users.  Can the
> Windows AD Tool Kit do this as well?  If so, can you point me in the
> right direction?

So far you just edit the smb.conf.  Permissions are based on the
filesystem permissions (but we don't do a translation between posix and
NT ACLs yet).

There was an effort to allow shares to be created over the network, but
I don't know the state of that code (it probably needs to be rewritten,
based on feedback later received).

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.