Revamp of libsmbclient

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at unwireduniverse.com
Thu Feb 28 19:25:20 GMT 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:
>  Can you restructure it in a way that it leaves the existing
>  libsmbclient as is around? I would volunteer to keep it up
>  and maintain it.

Do you mean as a parallel library, e.g. libsmbclient2?  Sure, that'd
be easy.  Initially, they'll provide exactly the same functionality,
although I'd be adding functionality to libsmbclient2 as time goes on.
 Would your intention be to simply do bug fixes on the original
libsmbclient, or to extend it in separate ways?

Derrell