Probably easy question about 4 node CTDB
gasch at eva.mpg.de
Wed Feb 27 12:02:13 GMT 2008
i'm in the process of migrating our 4 node linux-ha/gpfs/samba3
"ha-cluster" into ctdb for performance reasons and to ease manageability.
just a few basic questions:
- all nodes should have the same smb.conf (incl. the same shares) except
of different netbios names to balance load, right (DNS-RR has to be
configured, of course)?
- "bind interface only" should not be used?
- will public_addresses-file accept bonded interfaces?
- all nodes must be joined to the domain separately?
- private dir has to be on GPFS - should there be subdirs for each node
or will they share the *same* tdbs (secrets.tdb, locking.tdb ...)?
- idmap backend has to be tdb2, so rid won't work?
- if so: can winbindd tdbs (rid-tdbs, caching) be moved off the
clustered FS? due to sid2uid algorithm they don't have to be shared,
- any special advice on dfs? can all nodes be configured to be the dfs-root?
could not find that information in the wiki, thus questioning...
thx in advance!
i'm ready :)
More information about the samba-technical