QUERY_PATH_INFO what? what? what? what? what? what?

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 01:55:18 GMT 2008

Yes.   that is the beauty of object oriented programming.
You have a class that reads the full info.   then you create a
subclass to read each component of the full info, each subclass calls
the parent class to read it all and then just return the single item
requested.
Finally you have an application that needs all info and collects it by
calling the "single item" subclass one at a time until it has gotten
all of them.

The redirector likes to do a lot of singlethreaded QFI and QPI info.
Thats why there is such a good market for cifs wan accelerators :-)

I have encountered sites where it takes ~30-40 seconds from when you
rightclick a file until the popup dialog shows up thanks to this.
That is pretty painful :-)