LDB questions

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Tue Feb 12 23:57:53 GMT 2008

Hi folks,

I'm currently trying to figure out how to add new entries to an ldb database.

I have tried using gendb_add_ldif, but that only seems to work for the first
record I add.

The code looks like:

	sid_string = dom_sid_string(mem_ctx, *sid);

	new_record = talloc_asprintf(mem_ctx, "dn: objectSid=%s\n"
			"uidNumber: %u\nobjectSid: %s\n", sid_string, uid,
			sid_string);
	talloc_free(sid_string);

	if ((ret = gendb_add_ldif(idmap_ctx->idmap_ldb, new_record)) < 0) {
		DEBUG(0, ("Adding a new record failed: %d\n", ret));
		return NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED;
	}

For the first uid I try to map to a SID this works, the next one fails. What
am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to do this?

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin