Popup send problem to Windows Clients

Stephen Hinkle stphinkle at aol.com
Tue Feb 12 16:21:35 GMT 2008

Dear Samba Team,

I was wondering if you had any solutions to try on my problem.  From a
Macintosh, I am trying to be able to send popup messages to our Windows XP
Clients.  I used the command "smbclient -M netbiosname -U fromname".
However, I keep getting the message " Connection to Student-Test-PC failed
(where Student-Test-PC is the name of the machine I am trying to send to).
I have the Windows Messenger service started and Windows Firefall turned
off.
Do you have any ideas on why this does not work?   I am trying to send to
the PCs from a Power Mac G5 running Mac OS X 10.4.11.

Stephen