[libwbclient] runtime problems

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Feb 11 16:50:50 GMT 2008

Hi,

I just discovered some runtime bugs with libwbclient.

When any binary links in wb_common.o staticly, libwbclient
will use this functions instead of its own versions.
That means you can't just exchange libwbclient.so/winbindd
to a different version without breaking smbd, wbinfo...

I started to remove any references to wb_common.o within
smbd and the only problematic ones which are left are:

bool winbind_env_set(void);
bool winbind_off(void);
bool winbind_on(void);

I'd like to replace them by macros which just depend on
getenv(),setenv() and strcmp().

But where should I add this macros?

wbinfo is a bit harder, but I think it should also only
use the libwbclient API.

metze