Samba4-group policy stuff

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Feb 8 00:28:50 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 23:14 +0000, Huang, Peter (GT/PGS-Palo Alto)
wrote:
> I understand that group policy under samba4 is still in the early stage but so far I'm quite impressed by capability of samba4.   I was doing group policy with computer and when I get to  "ip security policy management", this is what I got trying to save the ipsec policy.
>
> The following error occurred when saving IP security data:
> The Server is unwilling to process the request. (80072035)
>
> It seems to be a LDAP/schema issue.  Is there any workaround on this
> one (by importing a ldif file)?  I'm also curious in the technical
> details here, so any inside on this is appreciated.

Can you try and get some more logs from Samba, and a wireshark trace?

Quite possibly we just need to extend the subset of the AD schema that
we support - a simple change to testprogs/ejs/minschema.txt (and then
re-running that against an AD server) I think.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.