mod_auth_ntlm_winbind fallback

Jan van Haarst jvhaarst+samba_technical at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 10:42:26 GMT 2008

On Feb 6, 2008 12:11 AM, Kai Blin <kai at samba.org> wrote:

> This seems to be more of an Apache question. What does your apache config
> look
> like for the authentication section?

This is NTLM, it works on its own.
    <Directory /var/www/ntlm_test/>
        AuthName "Authentication NTLM"
        NTLMAuth on
        NTLMAuthHelper "/usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=
squid-2.5-ntlmssp --debuglevel=1"
        NTLMBasicAuthoritative On
        AuthType NTLM
        require valid-user
        Options FollowSymLinks Multiviews Indexes
        AllowOverride None
    </Directory>

This is file, ot works on its own:
    <Directory /var/www/ntlm_test/>
        AuthBasicProvider file
        AuthType basic
        AuthName "Authentication File"
        AuthBasicProvider file
        AuthUserFile /var/www/ntlm_test/.htpasswd
        Options FollowSymLinks Multiviews Indexes
        AllowOverride None
    </Directory>

If I try to combine them, it doesn't work:

    <Directory /var/www/ntlm_test/>
        #AuthBasicProvider file

        AuthType NTLM
        AuthName "Authentication NTLM+File"
        AuthUserFile /var/www/ntlm_test/.htpasswd
        AuthBasicAuthoritative Off

        NTLMAuth on
        NTLMAuthHelper "/usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=
squid-2.5-ntlmssp --debuglevel=1"
        NTLMBasicAuthoritative On

        require valid-user

        Options FollowSymLinks Multiviews Indexes
        AllowOverride None
    </Directory>

And this doesn't work with browsers who don't understand NTLM, or for
outside users.
My first guess would be to use AuthBasicProvider, but I can't find what to
put there in the case of NTLM.

Changing the BasicAuthorative directives around doesn't help either.

So, to sum it up : I'm stuck.

--
Dag,
Jan