ctdb question, shared storage over iscsi

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 10:27:35 GMT 2008

Rudy:

To clarify;
you can if you want to just use a single physical interface and mix
all three kind of traffics on it ;
ctdb, san-iscsi and public cifs/nfs access   but it is probable that
you will get less performance if you do so.
It should work but might be slower than it has to be.

In a test environment that may be acceptable but in a real live
production system you may want to separate
the traffic onto dedicated domains so that you get the maximum amount
of performance out of your (expensive) nas server.
Your call.

btw    i have a small blog about ctdb at    http://ronniesahlberg.blogspot.com/
where i will try to document some ctdb stuff from time to time

ronnie s