mod_auth_ntlm_winbind fallback

Jan van Haarst jvhaarst+samba_technical at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:57:08 GMT 2008

Hello,

I've mod_auth_ntlm_winbind installed and running, and now I'm ready for the
next step:

Getting external users through authentication.

In the README is says :
NTLMBasicAuthoritative
  set to 'off' to allow access control to be passed along to lower
  modules if the UserID is not known to this module

I've tried a couple of ways to get this to work, but I can't get it running.

Is there anybody who has a working setup that implements a fallback
mechanism in case NTLM fails ?
At the moment any way to authenticate users if they fail NTLM would be very
nice, because otherwise I'd probably have to leave mod_auth_ntlm_winbind..

With kind regards,
Jan van Haarst
--
Assistant Researcher Bioinformatics