Possible memory leak detected by BASE-SECLEAK

Ephi Dror Ephi.Dror at datadomain.com
Sun Feb 3 22:07:17 GMT 2008

Hello,

Our QA was running smbtorture (latest from samba4) test BASE-SECLEAK against 3.0.28 running in very simple user mode authentication.

While running the test, we noticed increase in memory usage by smbd.

(./smbtorture //ccm16/backup -Uyyyy%xxxx BASE-SECLEAK -t 12000000)

We also run it against older SAMBA versions and got the same memory increase results.

Are we having memory leak here?

How sever is this issue? Is to something we need to fix here?

Please advice.

Cheers,
Ephi